Advantages and Disadvantages of qualitative and quantitative research
This type of research is an open process. Since it is a more detailed research methodology in terms of the area of study, it gathers information from the respondents in more details and they are able to express their point of view, emotions or feelings about the subject matter without any fear.
Advantages of qualitative research.
1. This type of research is an open process. Since it is a more detailed research methodology in terms of the area of study, it gathers information from the respondents in more details and they are able to express their point of view, emotions or feelings about the subject matter without any fear.
2. The subject matter is discussed in greater detail. The subject of discussion is fully discussed and thus an organization is able to understand what the customers need.
3. Data appearing in a complex form can be presented in a manner which it will be generated into conclusion. Such kind of data can generate conclusions that will produce more accurate results and therefore be able to ensure that customers are satisfied with the services or product of an organization.
4. This type of research is based on observations and experience from human. Data collected through the various sources is first evaluated and discussed under many points of view before the final decision is made or action is taken.
5. Qualitative research incorporates creativity. When the respondent’s idea are listened to and put into consideration, decisions made would lead to better services and products offered by an organization to its customers.
6. Minimizes the amount of costs incurred through research process. Qualitative research methodology uses small samples sizes to conduct research processes which are therefore cheaper to the organization or business that has implemented it.
READ ALSO: Customer Relationship Management System
Disadvantages of qualitative research.
1. This type of data collection consumes a lot of time. Since information is collected from individual’s perspectives, the process of listening to the respondents and then making decisions consumes time.
2. The findings and results from the research are not always accepted. The nature of the data presented may be declined if it does not match with the expected results.
3. It is sometimes difficult to give comparisons that match. Respondents may sometimes differ in the information that they provide and it may be difficult to compare the results and determine the type of data to present.
4. Qualitative research is mainly dependent on the skills of the researcher. Data collection skills especially through the sources of data such as observations and conducting interviews determine the type of results that will be produced.
5. Possibility that the researcher may omit some data during the research process. If the researcher is not keen enough to record or note down points during data collection process, data may be omitted.
6. Decisions that are hard to make through qualitative research may require the research to be conducted again on the same topic to finally come up with a decision.
READ ALSO: Online Exam Android App with Admin Panel
Advantages of quantitative research.
1. Quantitative research produces an analysis of data in a way that is straight forward.
2. Data can be easily checked after collection to ensure that it is accurate and not prone to biasness.
3. Quantitative research is widely admired, This type of research is conducted without much interruption.
4. This type of research is free from biasness since the sources used by the researcher to collect data do not involve customer contact.
5. The data collected in this type of research can be analyzed and used for comparison with studies that are similar to it.
Disadvantages of quantitative research.
1. The data collected using quantitative research is limited in terms of data content since the data is presented mainly in form of figures.
2. This type of research can be misleading at times. Quantitative research does not involve ideas from customers or respondents and hence the data collected during the research may be misleading.
3. Data collected using this research method is narrow.
For more information. You can contact me @
Mobile No. – +254714643906
Or feel free to comment below.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW TO WATCH MORE VIDEOS